Kymulga Grist Mill in color

Posted on 5:54 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

OK, so the first one's not in color.

 

Slmret wanted to see some color pictures of the grist mill.  Here they are Janet.

I took several shots through the open doorway, but this was the only one that looked good.  You couldn't go inside because of the foundation damage.
 
This is underneath the mill.  The river was wild that day.
River days like this are causing the foundation problems. 
  
The water is relatively quiet on this side of the small dam.
 
    
The standing water and mud show up better in the color photos.
 

  
I often wish I had a macro lens to use for photos like these two.
 
 
The trails aren't wide and open everywhere.  
They are a bit overgrown in places.
 

I took the following picture downstream from the mill.  
I had to make my own path through the woods to the river's edge.
 


See what else I’m doing.
Follow me on twitter: jr cline
My instagram profile

    
Side note:  This past week was really busy.  Classes ended on Monday and final exams began.  All the students who hadn't performed up to par have been swarming around like flies trying to negotiate a better grade.  I've been grading like crazy too.
After running some errands on Friday, I went to play with Christy and Jesse.   We didn't leave town and I didn't get back here until Saturday night around 6:30.  I spent the night at their house.  Her husband was home and slept with her.  I slept with Jesse.  Right before he went to sleep he gave me hug and told me he loved me.  Little children can be so sweet. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment