Lens LIfe 107

Posted on 5:19 PM by jr cline | 0 comments

 

My life through a cellular lens

Last weekend, I went on a short road trip to Memphis, TN.
  
 Along the way,
I stopped at the Corridor X Mississippi welcome center 
and was surprised by the interior decorations.
There were two sitting rooms filled with lovely antiques.
   
Another stop was at McDonald's for a mocha frappe.
I had swore off McDonald's,
but they managed to lure me back with this tasty treat.
At least during the hot months. hahahaha
 
 I stayed at the Days Inn.
It was clean, neat, and everything worked.
(thank goodness)
   
I ate their Daybreak Breakfast each morning.
For a free breakfast, it was pretty good.
On trips like this, I indulge in bagels and cream cheese for breakfast
so any place with those has a good breakfast in my book.
    
There were several interesting things to photograph right around the motel.
 
 Although this huge hotel appears closed and empty, that is an illusion.  
The parking lot is on the other side.
This parking lot belongs to Celebration Station which has been closed several years.  
     
 I'm not exactly sure what this tower is for.
There was nothing on the top.

 As always, there are the hidden things customers aren't supposed to see.
  
 I also went down to Beale Street.
This huge US flag was pretty impressive.
   
 I stopped for a beer at the Rum Boogie Cafe.  
 I loved the decor.
Dollar bills and other things were tacked to the walls
and lots guitars hung from the ceiling.
 
 I took a walk along the river and dropped by the I-40 welcome center to see this giant Elvis statue.
B.B. King had a statue too, but that shot didn't turn out very good.
  
   Blackened red fish is pretty tasty.
   
 I enjoyed seeing the giraffes at the Tupelo Buffalo Park.
I wanted to feed them, but didn't since I was was carrying my camera.
I didn't think giraffe slobber and expensive cameras would work well together.
  
I hope you enjoyed a few of the sights from my little trip.
  
Have as much fun as possible!
   

   
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment