Rethink Everything

Posted on 6:53 PM by jr cline | 1 comments

On my recent road trip, I turned the car around and went back to take a photograph of this sign on a Hyundai car dealership.


I started thinking. (always a dangerous proposition)

Albert Einstein once said; "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them".

We’ve settled for what the past tells us is possible and as a result, we continue to be stuck surviving in the world we’ve created. ~ http://fearlessdreams.com/blog/

When was the last time you questioned your view of things?

What do I believe?
Why do I believe it?

What do I think?
Why do I think it?

What do I do?
Why do I do it?

Why do I live the way I live?

Which moment by moment decisions make my life happier, create more love, and enhance positive relationships?

Are those mindful choices? 
(I like Jon Kabat-Zinn’s definition of mindfulness. “Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way. On purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally.”)

Who puts down my creative ideas?
Who drains 'the life out of me'?
Who encourages, expands, and helps me be all I can be?

Am I listening to creative, alive, intelligent, positive, loving people? Or am I listening to constant whiners, gossips, and nay sayers?

These are important questions to revisit on our shared journey.

Keep what is good and helpful.
Keep what belongs on your positive life path.
Flush the rest.

I can pick a lot about my world each day and most the time I forget to even pick.
I just react out of habit.
I need to pause and think.

My goal tomorrow is to pause, think, and then select the best I can pick and discard what doesn't make things better.

Join me. Make it your goal as well.

Come back tomorrow to see/read about my experiment and share your experience.
I'd love to know what happens.

Rethink Everything!

Hyundai has thrown down a challenge.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. I've always been told I ask too many questions about everything. Nice to know I'm on the right path.
~ Tina

Post a Comment